How to Decide Between Porcelain Veneers & Dental Bonding
Many people wanting cosmetic dental treatment must decide between porcelain veneers and dental bonding (composite veneers). Because they are intended to handle some of the same dental problems, these two procedures have comparable outcomes. There is a cosmetic dentist in Wichita Falls that can help.
What Can Dental Bonding and Porcelain Veneers Accomplish?
Porcelain veneers and dental cement are the best methods to improve imperfect teeth. These procedures deliver more extensive advantages by producing outcomes that appear natural and hiding a number of flaws, such as:
- Cracked teeth
- Teeth gaps
- A damaged enamel
- Molars that are too small or not properly shaped
- A slight deviation in the teeth
- Deep stains and teeth that will not whiten
- The benefits and drawbacks of tooth veneers are discussed below.
Dental Bonding: Benefits
Composite veneers are a practical and affordable way to enhance the look of your teeth. They also have the following benefits:
- Dental bonding typically only necessitates a single appointment.
- Composite veneers are made to resemble real wood.
- It is non-invasive to bond.
Dental Bonding: Drawbacks
Although composite veneers are a fantastic choice, they do have the following disadvantages:
- Sustainability: Dental bonding lasts not as long as concrete replacements like porcelain crowns and veneers.
- Durability: Composite plastic has a higher fragility level than porcelain.
These two drawbacks can result in irregular teeth if they are not promptly replaced.
Pros of Porcelain Veneers
Despite requiring at least two dental appointments, porcelain veneers have a number of exceptional advantages:
- Compared to crowns, porcelain veneers are less intrusive. Porcelain crowns are more costly and invasive than veneers but can provide the same aesthetic advantages. When a tooth’s inner structure has been compromised by decay, infection, or trauma, crowns work best.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant.
Cons of Porcelain Veneers
The most attractive celebrities prefer porcelain veneers because they can fully turn unattractive teeth into a Hollywood smile. However, there are some things to be mindful of:
- Permanence – To prepare the surface of the teeth for porcelain veneers, some enamel must be removed. Removing porcelain veneers is not an aesthetically friendly choice unless you replace them.
- Tooth sensitivity – Porcelain veneers may temporarily increase tooth sensitivity when ingesting heated or chilly drinks and food. Mild pain may persist for a few days following the placement of your veneers because some of the enamel on your teeth must be removed to make room for the veneer.
- Not unbreakable – If you gnaw on tough foods like jerky and nuts or crush your teeth at night, porcelain veneers may chip, split, or shatter. To help avoid decay, you will still need to maintain a good oral hygiene regimen.